Monday 21 November 2016

ROLLERCOASTER RIDE TO THE AIRPORT.

HIYA.Oh my goshhh where to start? I meant to blog much earlier than this, but was waiting for Storm to do her next post (HEH-HEMMM) as she was supposed to cover our rather emotionally fraught journey to the Departures gate. But she hasn't pulled her finger out and written it so I'm doing it for her. I was going to summarise it and move on but its just too long so I'll have to do another one soon about actually being here.



I thought my comfy traveling outfit was so on point..except there was a hole in the crotch of the leggings which I put a safety pin in, before realising you can't go through security with a safety pin there and had to remove it. In public.

What can I say about the journey..it was a bloody emotional rollercoaster (hence the post title).I was rushing round all day doing last minute bits, of which I got about half done.
Storm had agreed to store anything I couldn't fit in my suitcase, but I realised I had too much to get a taxi to hers alone as I couldn't carry it all, and I couldn't leave anything lying around where I lived as it was super dodgy. So I made her come to mine to help me first. 
We left mine late, still couldn't carry all the bags, the taxi driver couldn't find my address, and then I broke my suitcase handle. 
Storm did serious calming damage control in the taxi while I panicked about traffic.
We dumped my stuff with her poor flatmates to lug up the stairs and legged it.
We got upgraded on the Heathrow express so felt super zen and glam for about five minutes, but then judgy Sally at the check-in desk luggage shamed me and I had to rid myself of 9kg or so, which meant Storm had to buy a suitcase at the airport to take home all my excess clothes. Clothes which I MISS..as half my outfits don't work now. My clever shrink-wrapping idea actually just meant that I couldn't deselect specific items so had to just lose whole bags, so had no idea what I was ditching. But on the plus side I was using the scales to weigh individual pairs of shoes so I could sneak them back in. Up yours check-in bitch.





That is my lovely new suitcase and the poor little one that had to go home..no exciting trip to Dubai for YOU leoparder.
We had a coffee and felt a bit calm again, I was planning a nice little browse through duty free..then we realised I had no time and they were calling my flight.
Then I had a little panic cry when I found out Storm couldn't come any further and I actually had to go.
But, you know, started as I meant to go on by making friends with a girl on the plane who taught me all about fancy flights and the fact that you don't pay for anything on Emirates so we had a cheeky little glass of wine to calm my nerves. The film selection was glorious. 
I had been planning to sleep but selfish Stan in front of me decided to put his seat back while I was asleep on the back of it so that was the end of that.
There was a man sitting two seats down who kept burping and even his wife was giving him serious side eye about how revolting he was.
My passport got passed around about five people the other side with no explanation about what their issue was until they decided the original stamp they'd given me was fine.
The luggage carousels made literally no sense as there was no board telling you where to go, you just had to walk around looking at every single one until you found yours.
There was a little man with my name on a sign which was sort of glamorous but it was hand written and he hadn't actually left enough space to write it properly so it was all squished up at the end.
The airport has a freaking waterfall in it.
Aaaaand then I arrived at my hotel on the 38th floor and it was just a full on one bedroom apartment and I felt like a princess (although two weeks later looking back on it it looks distinctly average..not sure if Dubai has ruined me already) so I immediately Whatsapped pictures to everyone before deciding I needed a nap.






So that's where I'll stop for now, as there's so much to tell that it all needs to be done in bits! It's been 3 weeks and I feel like I've been here forever (in a good way).

Hope you're all enjoying the rain in England HAHAHAHAHAHA(I am such a cow).
x


4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I just felt sorry for Storm having to pay for a new suitcase and then getting stuck with the leopard print one which she refuses to take to Germany!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did tell her I'd pay for it (obviously) but she said she wanted to as she wants it when I get home!

      Delete
  3. Can't wait for the next one...love reading them. Take care. X

    ReplyDelete